Get Organized Month
In order for you to take ownership of this resolution, here are some tips that will help you get started. Take the entire month to do this, in one or two-hour sessions, at most.
In your home, start organizing with the kitchen. Generally, the kitchen is the place that usually gets the most cluttered and looks the messiest. Follow the steps below:
1. Pick one upper cabinet and remove items that you are not using, have never used and probably never will use. Put those items in a box and put the box in a room where you will not trip over it, and where it will not be an eyesore the minute you walk into the house. Do not do anything else with this cabinet right now. The room you have freed up may come in handy once you’ve gone through all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen.
2. Pick one drawer in the kitchen and do the same process you did for the cabinet. If there is room in the box that you used for the upper cabinet, then put all the unused items in that box also. If there is no room, grab another box (any kind of box will do, or even a heavy-duty shopping or tote bag).
3. Both of the above items together may take you up to one or two hours, so stop for the day.
4. The next day, go through a lower cabinet and just remove unused or unwanted or broken items. Put in a box (throw away the broken item unless you can really fix it!).
5. If you have time after doing the lower cabinet, pick another drawer to go through.
6. Continue with this regimen until you have gone through all the cabinets and drawers in the kitchen. Remember, you have the remainder of the month to do this.
I will give you further instructions for the kitchen next time!
‘Til then . . . Coach Sheila of clutter STOP®